updated March 3, 2018
The menu item(s) you see on these pages are active displays from the Restaurant Menu Components plugin we’re currently developing for use on WordPress sites. If you come back to this page and things don’t look right, wait a few minutes and refresh your browser. As we’re actively working on this plugin, display issues likely indicate that we’re in the middle of coding some aspect of it.
The Restaurant Menu Components plugin is intended to solve issues we’ve been having with other plugins we’ve used on some of our current sites. In starting a new plugin from scratch, we can take care of issues as they come up, and include features we’ve been looking or hoping for.
This plugin is currently unavailable as the first release is still being developed. Please contact me at email@example.com with any questions.
Use the sidebar menu, to the right on desktops and below on mobile devices, to view the various live demo pages.
Click here to view screenshots of various aspects of the plugin.
This demo exhibits a number of features and capabilities of the Restaurant Menu Components plugin for WordPress. Current features are:
- Selectable themes via CSS
- Master Theme (“Simple” is used throughout this demo), along with theme selection for individual items. Theme examples can be seen in the Layout demo, which is referenced in other desctiptors below.
- Menu Item Image – Thumbnail (see Breakfast => Trout & Eggs) or featured (see Sandwiches => Signature Cheeseburger)
- Boilerplate menu item add-ons/options (see Sandwiches => Signature Cheeseburger)
- Calories (see Sandwiches => Signature Cheeseburger)
- “86” for active menus
- Flexible currency usage via a text field for the insertion of the desired currency symbol. Anything can be used, such as $, £, ¥, €, CHF, kr, AUD, J$, etc. If no symbol is desired, the field may be left blank.
- Multi-size pricing (see Beverages, Desserts)
- Themed HTML blocks for info areas
- Sections, which contain menu items, HTML blocks, etc.
- Layouts, which contain sections. Layouts are displayed in the included Accordion control, which is used on the Layout demo page. However, Sections may be displayed in any other layout device the menu designer has available, via the Section shortcodes.
- Taplists to describe what’s offered from beer towers. These are manual taplists, and aren’t tied to any beer database. The included list of almost 100 beer styles is based on the Brewers Association 2017 Beer Style Guidelines with changes, and is used with permission of the Brewers Association.
- Allows for the selection of either a 32px or a (recommended) 50px font size for an extended set of the Erudus icons for diet types and allergens, from Erudus: The Food Industry’s Collaborative Solution to Sharing Product Data, West Yorkshire, UK.
Click here for the complete ReadMe & Usage for the Erudus Extended Font.
The complete extended icon set can be viewed by clicking here. The following characters, shown here in the 50px font size, have been added to the Erudus font:
Suitable ForGluten FreeAntibiotic FreeNon-GMOOrganicGluten FreeAntibiotic FreeNon-GMOOrganic
Contains May ContainAnimal DerivedCornMSGNightshadeTrans FatAnimal DerivedCornMSGNightshadeTrans Fat